1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Npower League 1 & 2 bettting 13-16th Oct

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Oct 9, 2012.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English League 1
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Bournemouth v Leyton Orient 2.00 3.30 3.60
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Carlisle v Notts County 2.45 3.25 2.75
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Colchester v Stevenage 2.50 3.10 2.80
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Crawley v Bury 1.65 3.80 4.75
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Hartlepool v Doncaster 2.60 3.20 2.60
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Portsmouth v Crewe 2.15 3.30 3.20
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Scunthorpe v Brentford 2.80 3.25 2.40
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Sheff Utd v Oldham 1.65 3.75 4.80
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Swindon v Coventry 1.75 3.50 4.50
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Tranmere v Yeovil 1.61 3.80 5.00
    14 Oct 13:15 UK Preston v MK Dons 2.75 3.25 2.45
    14 Oct 15:30 UK Shrewsbury v Walsall 2.05 3.25 3.50

English League 2
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Barnet v Plymouth 2.60 3.20 2.60
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Bradford v York 2.00 3.40 3.50
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Burton v Bristol Rovers 2.10 3.40 3.20
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Chesterfield v Dag & Red 1.83 3.50 4.00
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Fleetwood v Wycombe 1.61 3.80 5.00
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Gillingham v Aldershot 1.61 3.80 5.00
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Northampton v Exeter 2.40 3.40 2.70
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Rochdale v Morecambe 2.00 3.40 3.50
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Rotherham v Southend 1.91 3.50 3.60
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Torquay v Accrington 2.00 3.40 3.50
    13 Oct 15:00 UK Wimbledon v Cheltenham 3.10 3.40 2.15
    15 Oct 19:45 UK Port Vale v Oxford 1.91 3.60 3.60

Odds Will Hills
  2. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've got to get on Rochdale this week though i fear i might be jumping on at the end of a good run. Got to be chanced though as Morecambe have been struggling for away goals, just 1 in their last 3 on their travels.

I'm on Bradford too, York have been ok away from home but Evens money for a team who have won 4 and lost 1, scoring 12 and only conceding 3 in the process, looks backable odds to me.
  3. rcgills

rcgills Moderator

Rochdale's home form not worry you a bit, Punter? Only 1 win in 5, and that was against Barnet. Lost to Burton, and drew with Northampton, Dagenham and Bradford. They're getting some excellent results away, but that home form would be the concern for me.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

It's not been great admittedly but i fancy their fortunes to change at home at some point Rc. They've played for long periods with just 10 men in the last two homes.
  5. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

I'm going to sit on the fence and agree with both of you. The league table and recent form both favour Rochdale, but their home draws are a concern, and Morecambe can be stubborn away from home (well, we couldn't break them down, but we can't break anyone down at the moment :angry ) so I've not risked the draw. I reckon there's come value in Rochdale (0) at Bet365's 9/20 and I've had about six units.
  6. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Time for my first post on a football thread this season

I like the price of Crawley to win @ 4/6 there 6th in the table and should easily beat Bury who are bottom, At home Crawley have played 5 winning 3 and losing 2, 1 of those losses being to Tranmere. Bury have played 5 away drawing 3 and losing 2. Crawley will win so ill be taking there price to win and also putting a small bet on Kyle Mcfadzean to score anytime @ 17/2 with paddy power. Yes he's a defender but he has scored 2 in 9 appearances so far this season.

League two wise i cant look past a bradford + Gillingham double there two sides ive had marked down to do well this season and Gillinghams form is amazing, Bradford are a good side as well and i can see them edging out York. So double for me @ 3.23
    Punter likes this.
  7. ThunderCelt

I'm on Bradford too; 5 units at BetVic's 21/20. Bradford have stalled a little, but their home form is generally solid. I was unimpressed with York when I saw them at Aldershot a couple of weeks ago and I think a better team than us should do okay against them (York beat us 2-0, but that's more a reflection on Aldershot than York :cry )
  8. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Dale had a player sent off v Daggers when they were winning,had a player sent off v Bradford,had 67% possession v Cobblers ,a game in which they had 6 new players bedding in and more shots on goal than Burton.

Those would be the stats that Id go by.

Also,if Dale had had the rub of the green in a couple of those games they wouldn't be available at Evens+.

Its arguably BECAUSE the bookies know that many punters won't look at the stats Ive just given,rather the straight win draw lose stats that this COULD indeed be a touch of value.

(Needless to say,I know rcgills would be aware of this,this is just for any new members:))

Having said that,I aint gonna be on the result,Im gonna be on Dale for promotion:eek:

Anyway Punter can walk on water at the moment ...so its 2-0 Dale:unsure
  9. ThunderCelt

...on the other hand (and playing Devil's Advocate rather than believing it) is there a counter argument that two concerns should be Rochdale's lack of discipline costing them red cards and an inability to convert posession and chances into goals?
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

I believe that the bookies would base their price partly on Dales home record since we all agree that many/most? punters simply consult the win draw loss stats.

The shots on goal point Id say is relatively moot since theres no logical reason why it'd be worse at home than away,is there?

So that leaves the sendings off.

My point there would be that odds compilers don't worry about such details.They simply don't need to.

Instead they ask,whats the simplest interpretation of the stats.

I mean they are not going to attempt to work out how many punters are going to conclude that Dales 2 home sendings off mean they lack discipline and will therefore bet on Morcambe...cos it'd be impossible and of course for every person who thinks that way they'd expect to be at least one who thinks that Dale would have won if they'd had 10 men.

But,of course,even if the bookies DID think that enough people would bet on Morcambe due to Dales disciplinary record then surely thats even more reason to bet on Dale :unsure ....since their price will reflect their recent disciplinary record...whereas its likely to be a statistical quirk.

Anyway,TC,your Devils Advocate has totally confused me....and thus Ill be on the 2-2:thumb:unsure
    ThunderCelt likes this.
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've got to point out fellas that both of my picks are not ones i'm backing with huge confidence. In a weekend spoilt by the internationals (UK coupon wise) my two selections are about the best i could come up with this shitty weekend.
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Right,that does it for me..........Morcambe it is:eek
  13. Punter

Punter Moderator

So you're on 2-0 'dale, 2-2 and Morecambe so far then lol
  14. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Well,I actually meant that Ive changed my mind from one to the other-my final choice being Morcambe(just Morcambe)

But,funnily enough,the example you gave would be the kind of thing I do if Im gonna bet in running:thumb

Seriously,I wont be betting on this game.As you say,its a shit weekend.GOD How I hate international fucking breaks.
  15. ThunderCelt

Gillingham -0.75 at BetVic's 40/45. Gillingham of course top and apparently hammered Oxford last week in everything except getting past an inspired goalkeeper. We can keep it reasonably tight at the back, but scoring is a problem.

The way I see the game panning out is that Gillingham have nearly all the pressure and at some time break through our defence, then we have to go forward. We'll then have to take a few risks, a second home goal will be more likely than an Aldershot one.
  16. Yorkieacer

Yorkieacer BEST GAMBLER IN WORLD

Well Crawley won me and tmo who is in the comp went to it, A good win but took its time 93rd minute winner, It was a crap match tbh until the last 5 minutes. Crawley threw away a 2-0 lead two goals from headers which should of been defended better. Hit the cross bar a minute before they scored the winner and even that was a mishit cross that looped in :lol Bradford let down my league two double
  17. ThunderCelt

Bad day for me with only Gillingham slaughtering Aldershot to come in :cry. On the other hand my first antepost of the season came in (League of Ireland) so that's lifted the mood.
  18. ThunderCelt

1.5 units at Bet365's 4/1 for Tom Pope first goalscorer for Port Vale v Oxford. He's Vale's spearhead, wih around hald their goals. Vale score more than they concede at home, so this playes the stats. I don't like the around evens for him to score anytime.
  19. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I've backed Oxford to win the league but I'm toying with getting my stake back tonight by acking Port Vale as Oxford seem to be in freefall
  20. ThunderCelt

Oxford are picking up a little - some of their long-term injured are coming back, and they're unbeaten in four (edit - I think it's only three) in all competitions.

Port Vale are without their captain(?) ang are likely to have a teenager in goal playing only his second game.

The bookies have Vale at shorter than evens, and I think that's about right so I wouldn't try to put anyone off. I'm awaiting teams but I'm very tempted by the draw.