1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

English Premier League Betting 26-29th December

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by slick, Dec 23, 2013.

1. slick

slick Administrator

English Premier League
    26 Dec 12:45 UK Hull v Man Utd 6.00 3.60 1.61
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Aston Villa v Crystal Palace 1.91 3.20 4.50
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Cardiff v Southampton 3.20 3.20 2.30
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Chelsea v Swansea 1.33 4.80 10.00
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Everton v Sunderland 1.40 4.50 8.00
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Newcastle v Stoke 1.80 3.50 4.50
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Norwich v Fulham 2.10 3.20 3.60
    26 Dec 15:00 UK Tottenham v West Brom 1.53 4.00 6.00
    26 Dec 15:00 UK West Ham v Arsenal 6.00 3.60 1.61
    26 Dec 17:30 UK Man City v Liverpool 1.80 3.50 4.50

28 Dec 12:45 UK West Ham v West Brom 2.10 3.20 3.00
    28 Dec 15:00 UK Aston Villa v Swansea 2.37 3.30 2.50
    28 Dec 15:00 UK Hull v Fulham 2.10 3.25 2.90
    28 Dec 15:00 UK Man City v Crystal Palace 1.12 6.00 15.00
    28 Dec 15:00 UK Norwich v Man Utd 5.00 3.50 1.57
    28 Dec 17:30 UK Cardiff v Sunderland 2.10 3.20 3.00
    29 Dec 13:30 UK Everton v Southampton 1.73 3.40 4.00
    29 Dec 13:30 UK Newcastle v Arsenal 4.00 3.40 1.73
    29 Dec 16:00 UK Chelsea v Liverpool 1.91 3.25 3.40
    29 Dec 16:00 UK Tottenham v Stoke 1.44 3.75 6.00

Odds William Hill
  2. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Although I think Villa are quite a bit stronger than last year, there's an element of deja vu creeping in. As has been pointed out the last couple of weeks, Villa miss Ron Vlaar massively, & it was whilst he was out that we started getting tanked last seaon, 8 v Chelsea, 4 v spurs etc. Also, throw into the mix that, although i haven't seen it on the BBC, Benteke is missing the xmas games. Whether thats an injury or a transfer I don't know, but i wouldn't be rushing to back us at odds on
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

It's a strange old world after the last week but I can't help feeling Vincent Tan has screwed up if he wants Malky Mackay out, as I think these are 2 very winnable games. Soton haven't won in 6 although there's been a couple of decent draws in there, & ridiculous as it may seem I'd noticed Pocchetino's price was shortening in the sack race, although whether that was a link with the Spurs job I'm not sure
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I'll go along with Villa Swoops, in fact you might be better off without Benteke at present because he's not done much for a couple of months now, Pullis has also had his settling in period and I expect them to now start dipping sooner rather than later.
    Agree with Cardiff too although I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole considering what's going on at the club.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hull get a point against United although I'm not confident enough to put any money on it, same with Newcastle I fancy them to win but at that price I just don't trust them enough.

I'm nearly tempted to do an Everton; Arsenal double but at odds of around evens again I'm not so sure.
  5. Kegman

Kegman Moderator

I'm thinking about backing Sunderland away to Cardiff on the 28th. Sunderland have been unlucky of late and seem to be playing better football and if lady luck had been on their side they'd have had a couple of wins as they had a stonewall pen turned down and some shocking finishing from yards out. They showed against Chelsea in the 2nd half of the capital cup game that they can play football (although anybody can play football v Chelsea at the moment).

Man Utd seem to have turned the corner and should beat Hull on boxing day
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

I've put Chelsea -1 @ 39/40 and Man City -1 @ 9/5, with 4 horses in a combo' bet for Boxing Day.

Horses are Sydney Paget @ 11/4, Bourne @ 13/2 and Grouse Lodge @ 13/2, all at Wetherby and I've had a complete change of heart in the King George and have gone for Dynaste @ 7/2
  7. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

The villa crowd turned on Paul Lambert for the first time after defeat to Palace on Boxing Day. Villa really are a young team and with the crowd against them it could be awkward for them against Swansea. Benteke is out and as has been said before Vlaar is vital.
    If there is no Vlaar it may be worth looking at a 2 to 3 goal win for the swans but 2.74 on betfair is currently available.
  8. winrew

winrew GILF

Arsenal @ 1.73 at Newcastle , as much as i hate the geordie cnuts , i certainly wouldn't be taking the Arse at 1.73.
    A draw at best , but i really cant see an away win..

Norwich at 5.00 :unsure , nope , but i fancy them to draw , they need the points , probably play a flat back 9 , Mmm the draw all the way.
    Lets be honest , Utd are about as reliable as a broken watch ..

Cardiff at home to Blunderland , god knows , Cardiff without a manager and Blunderland playing like a lower league team , probably a home win ...

Everton , easy home win .... :)
  9. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

If it wasnt for the fact that liverpool were at City just 2 days ago Id be betting on the draw.

Theres no doubt that Liverpool are really very very good.Certainly better than Chelsea right now.

But perhaps Chelsea can field 3 or so fresh players and its hard for a team to play really well twice in 3 days against top teams I think.

Then again neither side will want to lose this and if its still a draw after 70 minutes I think caution could be the order of the day.

3-5 it is then.

Im also gonna be on WBA at WHU although I wont bet until after 10 mins or so while I see how the land lies:)

And I think a bet on Newcastle with a view to trading in running could also be worth doing but once again after seeing through the first few minutes..
  10. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Im gonna be on the 0-2 on betfair on the strength.i will be interested to see what the Racing Post says about this.

Im gonna read it now with coffee and crumpet:)
  11. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Oh,theyre not playing til tomorrow,lol

Chelsea v Liverpool

Thats good cos I really think Chelsea may have had a slight advantage.
  12. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Racing Post says bet your house* on Swans draw no bet despite their injuries.(Coral 19-20)

( I can report that the crumpets went down a treat:thumb)

*or just the annexe if youre a Londoner
  13. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Having read the assessment in the Racing Post Ive changed my mind about WBA.

The RP reckons West Ham are the bet-well 2-1 in fact- and the write up was enough to put me off WBA.

Think I will do 1-1 though after 10 minutes...
  14. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

One things for sure*,if Sunderland lose itll be cos of a bad referreeing decision,a sending off,a flukey goal,a last gasp goal or an inspired goalkeeping performance.

Er,or any combination thereof.

*:unsure

If they lose for any other reason,

theyre fucked.

Probably.
  15. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Ive just bet on The Bluebirds/Red Dragons/Tans Army to be bottom.

So the Mackems are quite possibly fucked.

Come on The Mackems/Black Cats/The North Easts second best team:unsure
  16. Colbro

Colbro Well-Known Member

Swansea are now 2.58 on betfair. The fact that racing post are so confident has me sufficiently worried about my prediction to close out now and take the profit:unsure
  17. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

For fuck's sake make your own decisions you pair of twats:lol

Racing fucking post. Sort your shit out!
  18. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Yeah yeah.

I know I know.

But I simply like to read journalists reading of games.

And the fact is I do absolutely fuck all research.(Well apart from reading reports and watching Gillette Soccer Saturday,Match of the Day etc)

While I presume they do at least some.After all they dont hand out these cushy jobs to just anyone,do they?:unsure
  19. slick

slick Administrator

I can't see Villa getting beat by that sort of scoreline but then again you have probably watched a lot more of them than I have, I was actually looking at the unders for that game possibly 0-0 or 1-1 because I also thought draw as soon as I saw the fixture.
  20. hotspur

hotspur Active Member

Definitely looks low scoring slick.

But the odds on the 0-0 reflect that.

Just less than 10 on betfair.