1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Literary a disaster pending - the rebirth

Discussion in 'Book Talk' started by swooperman, Aug 17, 2011.

1. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Mick, help
  2. winrew

winrew GILF

Phht , you Dot.com millionaires get on my tits ..
  3. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Lets not go there, broadsheet trade union types :)
  4. slick

slick Administrator

I better read back as I see Swoops has bought a domain:eek:
  5. slick

slick Administrator

Why didn't you tell me u were buying a domain name, jeez, I can get them for around £7 and i could of hosted it for you.

I presume you also got hosting for that price, here's where the fun begins:lol
  6. slick

slick Administrator

send me all the details Swoops if you don't know what to do and I'll have a quick look.
  7. MickeyPaul

MickeyPaul Merry Christmas!

Sorry Swoop - was busy. I'll leave it to Slick. $17 does seems a tad high for a domain name. Maybe not actually as I was thinking about a tenner so that's around the same-ish.
  8. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

thank fuck for that as I was beginning to think nobody could take a fucking hint :D

On its way
  9. slick

slick Administrator

I've just checked it out and wordpress is allready setup , seems Swoops has bought his domain name through some wordpress server or other and he gets a domain name and wordpress install for the price.

over to you Mickey as it only needs a theme adding and you know what my tastes are like, I'll pm u the details.
  10. ThunderCelt

ThunderCelt National League Punter

Aye, I was. In fact with a couple of caveats I was a bit more than 'relatively' impressed. :thumb
  11. ThunderCelt

Yeah, you could put a story up. The shorter the better, probably, so that casual visitors are more likely to read it through before drifting away. And you're right - it counts as published so there are rights issues.

I put links to decent writing sites on my site - swapping links with other writers (hint), interesting resources, other sites I contribute to, my other 'writing' sites (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube), etc etc. Also a biography and contact details - not that I've added them to mine, yet :embarassed I haven't bought a domain name yet, either :embarassed
  12. MickeyPaul

Couldn't you add a copyright notice to anything you put up there (or bottom of the site)? I'm not entirely clued up on the law regarding... anything in fact but I'm pretty sure you retain all rights to your own material. I think that applies even in forums. In fact, most content management systems have a copyright notice on the bottom of all pages using your domain name.
  13. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Think its something like if you post up a piece you can only then sell it on if its on a password protected site? Otherwise its deemed as being in the public domain, which means its then worthless.....I think. Also, I can take a hint TC :D but I have no problem being linked to here either, because undoubtedly I'm going to mention gambling (watch me log on in a mo & find its already linked :lol) The difference here between me & TC is he has already got books to advertise whereas I havent, so I've got to fill it with other rubbish
  14. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Mick you cunt :D I'm assuming I can delete that
  15. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

Ahh, going along nicely. Added betnod (nearly said TDP then :embarassed) & TC's site as links, but now cant see where they are :hissyfit

Michael, if you would be so kind.......also, how can I put the name in a post & it links it straight there?
  16. MickeyPaul

:lol Not a clue what you're talking about Swoop so I'll assume it's Slick again. He's causing me no end of grief lately. I'll get back to you on your question in a wee while. Hold tight and stay safe yeah?
  17. winrew

winrew GILF

18. swooperman

swooperman Resident nob

NPs, off to bed anyway
  19. MickeyPaul

And while the cat is away... the Mickey will play.... I'll post later on then about the linking as I need to look at the editor in there again to see where it is exactly - it's very, very, simple though.
  20. ThunderCelt

Added a link from my site too :) And I've got your name right this time :embarassed I hope.