1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

PFA Young Player of the Year 2013/14

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by Punter, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Punter

Punter Moderator

Eden Hazard: Striker Age 23 Games 27 Goals 12 Assists 5 Shots 56 odds 4/11

Daniel Sturridge: Striker Age 24 Games 19 Goals 18 Assists 5 shots 67 odds 4/1

Aaron Ramsey: Midfielder Age 23 Games 18 Goals 8 Assists 6 shots 40 odds 10/1

Ross Barkley: Midfielder Age 20 Games 23 Goals 3 Assists 0 shots 60 odds 18/1

Raheem Sterling: Midfielder Age 19 Games 22 Goals 5 Assists 5 shots 32 odds 25/1

Best Odds all from Paddy Power. Stats do not include this weekends games.

Interesting market this as it's far from over imo. History suggests the PFA tend to favour young British players, with only two foreigners winning it in the past 13 seasons, Ronaldo and Fabregas. If Chelsea win the league then i would say Hazard will have it in the bag, but if they don't then it will bring other players into contention imo

I'm already on Barkley (10/1),Sturridge (6/1) and Sterling (50/1)

I dont think Barkley can win it unless he has a fantastic end to the season, so i'm not too hopeful there.

If Ramsey comes back scoring goals and Arsenal winning the title then he'll probably win it but i have a feeling he's been out for to big apart of the season to win it.

Sturridge has a chance, a big chance if he can keep his scoring ratio high.

At present time i'd have to say Hazard is worthy favourite but he hasn't been picking up too many monthly awards and i do have a feeling he'll be passed over again if Chelsea dont win a trophy. Too short for me to back right now but if he drifts to evens i'd have to back him.

I think Sterling has a big chance too and is well overpriced. 25/1 is massive imo. This price is only going to keep shortening, surely? He's a certainty to go to the WC with Hodgson in charge (6/4 for that is massive too). He's British and the big factor he has in his favour for me, is his age. He's been excellent for Liverpool this season and has been as good at getting back as he has going forward.
    I also think there is more to come and he's likely to peak more in the remaining games, rather than his form tailing off.
    I think the PFA may well recognize what he's achieving at the age of 19.

Who's your man?
  2. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Hazzard by a country mile, whether or not they win the league.

I'd give Sturbridge more chance than Stirling mate. He's done everything asked of him and bounced back after being pretty much overlooked at Chelsea which could have affected a young players confidence and attitude. If I had to have a bet I'd go for him as the value bet
  3. slick

slick Administrator

I'd go along with what ODM say's, can't see past Hazzard as he's gained all the plaudits to date, hardly missed a game and with only 11 games left it would take something special to shift him, even if Liverpool won the league aren't the votes cast b4 the end of the season?

Raheem Sterling is doing well but seem's to have come on later on in the season, Ramsey's always Injured, Barkley's been solid but not exactly set the world alight and Sturridge has a good outside chance if he can get himself to the top of the Prem goal scoring chart before the votes have been cast.
  4. Punter

Punter Moderator

Yes, youre probably right fellas. I think ill concentrate on Sterling making the England squad instead.

Votes are cast at some point in April, Slick.

5. Punter

Punter Moderator

Respect what you're both saying, always do, but i cant let you put me off. Young Raheem is a 3/1 shot imo, not 20/1 like Paddy Power are offering. I've had to put more on.
  6. Punter

Punter Moderator

Still Hazard, fellas?

It's looking that way, though he has drifted, some 8/13 about for him now. Paddy Power the shortest on him @ 1/2 (from 4/11).

Sturridge is the one that's shortened, was 4/1, now 15/8

Barkley (14/1) and Sterling (20/1), the only other two realistic candidates imo.

Anybody know when this award is taking place? I cant find anything anywhere?
  7. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cunt - autosave hasn't saved my post I'll type the fucker again
  8. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

Cunt - autosave hasn't saved my post I'll type the fucker again
  9. ONEDUNME

ONEDUNME Administrator

I've had a look and last years short list was announced on 19th April and the winner was announced on the 28th, so on that basis, you're probably looking at this Friday (possibly Thursday with it being Good Friday this week) for the nominations and the winner announced the following Sunday - the 27th

While I was on the PFA site I noticed that Hazzard had been nominated as player of the month for March although thats voted for by the fans not the players.

I also noticed an article that says that Man City and PSG are to find out this week if UEFA are going to sanction them under FFP which could include a ban from European competitions. They wont because they have no bollocks and, as Ive said all along, FFP is all hot air and piss
  10. Punter

Punter Moderator

Thanks ODM, there's little info out there.

Agree with your comments on Uefa too. Hot air and piss lol
  11. Punter

Punter Moderator

The shortlist of 6..

1.PNG

It's a World Cup year, i'm wondering if that makes a difference.

I just think that with the WC just a couple of months away, would it be in the best interest, or encouraged to make sure an English player got this? For confidence etc?
    Would Gordon Taylor really want to hand the award to Eden Hazard and say 'you're the best'... filling him with confidence, knowing we could face him in the WC?

Maybe?

Irrespective of whether he deserves it or not, will he get it?

Although still a shade odds on, he's certainly lengthened in price since i first posted.

I think there's a case for splitting stakes to suit your fancy on Sterling and Sturridge.

The two outsiders have been excellent but i dont think they have quite done enough. I've got Barkley already covered but i just dont think he's quite done enough either. It's between the first three in the market for me and rightly or wrongly Hazard maybe unlucky.

I could be very wrong, but that's my shout.