1. Hi and welcome to Betnod. If you would like to view the forum without adverts then please register.

Welsh Premier League Dec 26th

Discussion in 'Football Betting' started by traeth, Dec 24, 2012.

1. traeth

traeth Moderator

these odds from bluesq

Wed, 26th of Dec, 2012
    14:30 Aberystwyth Town v Newtown AFC 1.67 3.60 4.20
    14:30 Airbus v Connah's Quay Nomads 1.57 3.75 4.75
    14:30 Carmarthen Town v Llanelli 2.10 3.40 2.87
    14:30 Prestatyn Town v Bangor City 2.50 3.30 2.40
    14:30 The New Saints v Bala Town 1.44 4.00 6.00
    15:45 Afan Lido v Port Talbot Town 2.60 3.40 2.30

my first impressions would be home wins apart from Prestatyn v Bangor where I've gone for Bangor

Nadolig Llawen [Merry Christmas] to all contributors and readers of the Welsh thread
  2. traeth

traeth Moderator

these are the Christmas "derby" fixtures where the return match will be played on the 1st of January

Prestatyn v Bangor
    Prestatyn 4th in the league have been the surprise team this season and have two excellent stikers. They have been a difficult team to beat at home but Saturday they lost their first home game on Saturday 5-2 against bottom but one club Newtown who hadn't won a match since 13th of November.
    Newtown totally outplayed Prestatyn in the second half. Prestatyn had lost at Port Talbot the previous week. Has their bubble burst?
    Bangor's match on Saturday was postponed , they are five points behind TNS and I was expecting a Bangor win to keep them in touch with the leaders.
    They suffered a late equaliser the previous week for the gap to develop.

I've gone with Bangor @ 2.4 with bluesq

Airbus v Connah's Quay
    Airbus have won their last three matches
    Connah's Quay have lost their last three but more significantly Connah's Quay lost Rob Jones and Dean Canning to serious-looking injuries in their 5-1 defeat at TNS.
    1.57 is not much of a price if Airbus over-indulge on the turkey tomorrow
  3. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

Nadolig Llawen!

I like both picks traeth, though I've just seen the Bangor game has been rearranged.

One bet I've done already is under 3.5 in the TNS-Bala game @ 1.95 (Bwin). TNS have conceded the lowest goals in the league whilst Bala are a fairly boring side, really. They will get men behind the ball and try to frustrate TNS, a tactic which has been successful @ TNS a few times this season. Carmarthen, Newtown and Llanelli all managed a clean sheet, with the first two also winning, whilst in the Cup lower league Conwy managed to take TNS to extra time; all these games also finished under 3.5 goals. In fact 6 out of TNS's 9 home league games, and 6 out of Bala's 8 away league games have finished under 3.5. I can really see another such game here and I think odds are favourable. The possession football TNS play tends to lead to relatively underish games and as I've said Bala play defensively. I have also taken either team not to score @ 2.55 in the same game, also with Bwin, for a lower stake, with the same reasoning.
  4. traeth

traeth Moderator

Bangor's game has been rearranged for Friday evening at Bangor and the match at Prestatyn will now be played on the 1st of January

I agree with you pg that Bala are a boring side but what I've seen from the tv highlights their defence is poor . I hope TNS do not score early as they can be a high scoring side on that plastic once they get going. Good luck with your bet mate

So I've got to have a Welsh bet today- gone for Airbus/TNS double
    Airbus mainly due to Connah's Quay's injury problems against a side in form and TNS who are the top side against a team that struggle on their travels.

I
  5. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

I have done the Airbus bet as a single at 1.57. It's a generous price, I think there is a big difference in quality between them and Connah's Quay.

What do you think of Carmarthen? I know Llanelli are hard to predict (and their away record is much better than their home) but Carmarthen started out best price 2.1 and now have drifted to 2.6. I am tempted to back them or even Carmarthen -1AH @ 3.8 (bet365), because if Llanelli have an off day then they sometimes really do have an off day. Carmarthen are on good form and I can see them winning this by more than one.
  6. traeth

traeth Moderator

Llanelli I do not trust . I was expecting them to go downhill until the transfer window and the expected exodus of players ,but they flummoxed me with a late comeback win at Bala Town two weeks ago then went and lost at home to Airbus last week. I hope your bet comes up pg but it's not one for me
  7. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

I went for Carmarthen 0 (AH) @ 1.98 (188bet) in the end. Llanelli are hard to call but I'm confident Carmarthen won't lose at home and the price seemed too big.
  8. traeth

traeth Moderator

today's results

Aberystwyth 0 - 2 Newtown
    Afan Lido 0 - 3 Port Talbot
    Airbus 2 - 2 Connah's Q.
    Carmarthen 1 - 0 Llanelli
    TNS 1 - 0 Bala Town

well done on your calls on TNS/Bala Town and Carmarthen/Llanelli pg
    a poor day for me
  9. pg_yid

pg_yid Member

Cheers traeth. I still think that Airbus price was too big.